Thursday, February 5, 2009

In the beginning...

After living vicariously through many, many other blogs I have decided to jump into the fray. I have noticed how talented other quilters are, the friendships forged and inspiration gained. I hope to gain all of the above.
So first...a little about me. I am a 50 year old woman, an empty nester with a son and daughter. My son is married and has an 8 month old son. I am the happiest "Mimi" alive. Mason is an absolute delight and I can't get enough of him. My daughter lives and works in Washington, DC. I miss her terribly ( she has been there 3 1/2 years). We scrapbook together when she comes home. It's the only time I scrap.
I am a school nurse at a high school. Every day is different. Some days are great and some not so much.
In my spare time I love to quilt. My earliest recollection of quilting is as a fourth grader cutting up scraps of my mom's fabric and trying to sew it together. I was not too successful in that endeavor--imagine trying to cut even squares with scissors. I learned to sew, mostly clothes, from my mom and of course in home ec. I took a beginning quilting class in 1980 at Daisy Kingdom in Portland, Oregon. I've been quilting ever since. I have also smocked, tatted, and tried my hand at tole painting. I always come back to my first love--quilting.
The name of my blog-- I am the worlds greatest starter of quilts. Finishing is another story. I have a huge stack of tops (or flimsy's) but none have been quilted and bound. That's my goal for this year.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogland! Hope you enjoy it as much as I have..!
    You have a cute little grandson there.
    I like his name.

    ReplyDelete